SafeStop is Available at Johnston Community School District
SafeStop is the mobile app that connects parents to the vehicles transporting their children.
You’ll never have to guess when your child(ren)’s bus will arrive again. This free easy-to-use mobile app features neighborhood maps and a MapView bus locator. Using GPS technology, the app updates every 30 seconds to help you better plan for your busy day. In addition, you can have up to two user names per account to share access between parents or caregivers.
- Real-time map to locate your child(ren)’s bus.
- Expected Arrival Times for the bus at your stop. This feature will go live within 30 days of the app’s launch.
- Alerts & Messaging Center for service notifications and other updates. Parents will now be notified of late transportation or transportation updates through this messaging center.
- Secure registration process ensures only authorized users can access student information.
- Download the SafeStop app or visit www.safestopapp.com/web to use the web version. The app is available for free on Google Play or the Apple App store.
- Select “Create Account,” and from the drop-down list choose your state. From the new drop-down that populates, select your school or district name.
Register for Service
- Enter your information and click REGISTER.
- Check your email for a verification code, enter and click SUBMIT.
- You will now be required to enter your Access Code or a valid Student ID.
- If you are asked to enter an Access Code, that Access Code should have been provided to you by your school administration.
- If you are asked to enter a Student ID, that will be your district-provided Student ID. If there are multiple Student ID boxes, simply enter each of the Student IDs for the children riding the bus. You are only required to provide one valid Student ID. You can also add Student IDs to your account later if you do not know all of them.
- Set your notification preferences and click SUBMIT to complete your secure registration.
Customize Your App
- Once you have successfully completed your registration, click GO TO MY STOPS to start setting up your account. Click ADD A BUS STOP and enter the street address and postal code of your house or bus stop.
- Select your AM stop first and click ADD. Then select your PM stop and click ADD. You’ll then see your stops listed on your home page.
- Adjust the notification preferences for your stop by clicking and dragging it on your screen. You may also widen the area of your notification preferences by expanding the circle. You will be notified once the bus has entered your selected notification area.
Using The App
Note: The SafeStop app is meant to help you plan around your busy schedule, not to help you arrive at the bus stop at the last second. Our app relies on a third-party GPS device on board the school bus, which sometimes does not transmit information every 30 seconds. We strongly encourage you to arrive at the bus stop 5-10 minutes prior to the expected arrival time to ensure you do not miss the bus or slow down the boarding procedure.
- In the Map View feature, you can see the approximate location of your child’s bus on its route. If this appears to be incorrect, or if the bus is not moving, please contact our Customer Support Team.
- A red pin is used to indicate your bus stop. Click EDIT STOP PREFERENCES to view and adjust your notification area. You will receive a text message letting you know that your student’s bus has entered your notification area.
- If you wish to remove a bus stop from your account, first press the Map View button for that bus stop. Next, tap DELETE STOP and confirm.
- Access SafeStop’s Alerts & Messaging feature by tapping the message box icon in the bottom center of the screen. The alerts feature will allow you to review any messages from your school or transportation department.
- To change your settings or connect with us, tap the gear/wheel image in the bottom right corner of your screen. You can contact us by phone at (800) 843-8936 or email email@example.com.
Please do not contact the STA transportation office if you are experiencing an issue with SafeStop. The staff at SafeStop is happy to assist you with your needs.