We encourage all parents who pick up their children by car from Horizon to use our car drop-off/pick-up lane. This is the safest, most efficient way drop-off/pick-up your child. Every school drop-off/pick-up has some wait time with this area, so please plan accordingly. Here are a few reminders:
- Car drop-off/pick-up is only at the north entrance. The west entrance is for buses only.
- Do not park your car while in the drop-off/pick-up lane. You must remain in your car. Use our parking lot if you must walk your child in.
- While in the drop-off/pick-up lane, pull up as far as you can. The first car should be at the first black post.
- While in the drop-off/pick-up lane, do not stop your car across the crosswalk.
- While in the drop-off/pick-up lane, your child should be ready to leave/enter your car. This stop should take less than one minute.
- Your child should exit the driver side of your vehicle.
We appreciate your efforts to follow our procedures. We all want our car drop-off/pick-up area to be safe for our students and their families!