Johnston Youth Basketball League
- FOR COACHES: Background check (required), Sample Lesson Plans for Coaches, JCE Facility Information, Out of Bounds Plays
- WHAT: This is a recreational basketball league that emphasizes equal participation, skill development, and fun!
- WHO: For Grades 2-7 with boys and girls divisions.
|DIVISION||To REGISTER (Deadline is 10/20)||ROSTERS/GAME SCHEDULE||PRACTICE SCHEDULE||RULES|
|Grades 2-3 Boys||Click here to register||Grades 2 3 Boys||UPDATED 12.7.22 Master Practice Schedule||Grades 2 3 Boys and Girls Game Rules|
|Grades 2-3 Girls||Click here to register||Grades 2 3 Girls||Grades 2 3 Boys and Girls Game Rules|
|Grades 4-5 Boys||Click here to register||Grades 4 5 Boys||Grades 4 5 Boys and Girls Game Rules|
|Grades 4-5 Girls||Click here to register||Grades 4 5 Girls||Grades 4 5 Boys and Girls Game Rules|
|Grades 6-7 Boys||Click here to register||Grades 6 7 Boys||Grades 6 7 Boys and Girls Game Rules|
|Grades 6-7 Girls||Click here to register||Grades 6 7 Girls||Grades 6 7 Boys and Girls Game Rules|
- WHEN: Coaches Meeting- Tuesday, October 25 at the District Office Board Room- Grades 2-3 Coaches at 5:30pm. Grades 4-7 Coaches at 6:30pm.
Practices– start the week of November 7. Practice times determined at the Coaches’ Meeting on 10/25. See below for final schedule.
-Teams practice one night per week for one hour on either Mondays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays from 6:15-9:15pm. No practices the week of Thanksgiving.
-There is a FREE Family Open Gym at Horizon on November 21-22 from 6-8pm for JYB Participants. More information will be sent out later.
Games– Saturdays, December 3 – February 4 (No games on 12/24 or 12/31) at various Johnston Elementary Schools from 9am-3pm depending on # of teams registered.
-All grade divisions use certified officials for games. Please be respectful and show good sportsmanship during these games.
- NEEDED: Parent volunteers are needed to coach! Indicate during registration or email Brett at firstname.lastname@example.org. Co-coaches are encouraged!
NEEDED: High school students who can volunteer to keep score, operate the scoreboard, or be an assistant coach for games. Click here to sign up online!
- COST: $85 per player until October 9. Price increases to $105 on October 10. FINAL DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 20 AT NOON to be guaranteed a spot on a roster.
- EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
-Jerseys- $15 if you don’t have one from last year. Click here to pay for one. These reversible purple/white jerseys can be used year after year or you can purchase a new one each year.
-Basketballs- Grades 2-3 play with a 27.5 sized basketball, Grades 4-7 play with 28.5 sized basketballs. Please bring your own basketball and clearly mark with your name.
- WEATHER HOTLINE: 515-252-8488- Please also check your email/phone for messages if we know ahead of time.
-If JCSD school is canceled or has an early out due to bad weather, all JCE programs are canceled after school and in the evening.
-If JCE determines that weather is too detrimental to holding the program/event – the class will be postponed, canceled or rescheduled.
- QUESTIONS: Call or text Brett Barber, JCE Program Coordinator at 515-205-8881 or email at email@example.com