JHS Art Students Shine at Local Show
A group of Johnston High School art students recently participated in the 2018 Burbs Art Pop-Up Show at the Drake Olmstead Center, along with students from six other suburban high schools. Our students were well-rewarded for their hard work.
- Shabana Gupta won Best of Show for 3D Art, along with 1st place in Functional Ceramics for her wheel-thrown bottle vase with lilies, and an honorable mention in Ceramics Sculpture for her ceramic bust.
- Julia Cavanah won 1st place in Fibers for a shawl that she hand-knit with yarn that she spun herself.
- Carson Jendro won 1st place in Non-Ceramic Sculpture for a functional water fountain he built.
- Sarah Nelson won honorable mention in Ceramics Sculpture for a chameleon sculpture.
- Jaedyn Brockway won honorable mention in Functional Ceramics for her wheel-thrown mug.
- Amberly Dal won honorable mention in Painting for her acrylic painting of intertwined koi fish.
- Payton Bills won honorable mention in Drawing for his graphite drawing of monuments.
- Brian Koromo won honorable mention in Digital Photo for a black and white self-portrait.
We are so proud of our amazing youth! Please check out the attached images of their work.