2018-19 Back to School Events
Welcome back, Dragons!
The start of the 2018-19 school year is right around the corner! Below is a list of events – open houses, orientations, and meet the teacher opportunities – for families in the district. Questions on specific events should be directed to your child’s school. Have a wonderful year!
- Aug. 15: JHS Dragon Day (8 a.m.-5 p.m.) at Johnston High School
- Aug. 21: Timber Ridge and Lawson new family orientation (2:30-3 p.m.) and Meet the Teacher (3-4:30 p.m.)
- Aug. 21: Summit Middle School new student orientation (1-2 p.m.) and open house (7th grade @ 4 p.m., 6th grade @ 5:30 p.m.)
- Aug. 22: Johnston Early Learning Academy Meet the Teacher (12:15-2 p.m.)
- Aug. 22: Wallace Elementary Meet the Teacher (2:30-4:30 p.m.)
- Aug. 22: Beaver Creek and Horizon new family orientation (2:30-3 p.m.) and Meet the Teacher (3-4:30)
- Aug. 23: Johnston Middle School open house (6-8 p.m.)
- Aug. 24: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL (DK-12)
- Aug. 26: Community Grand Opening of the Johnston Early Learning Academy and Wallace Elementary, 1-3 p.m.
- Aug. 27: Johnston Early Learning Academy new school orientation (5:30-6:30 p.m., parents only)
- Aug. 31: FIRST DAY OF 4-yr-old PRESCHOOL