Johnston 2019 Back to School Events
The first day of school in the Johnston Community School District is Friday, August 23. Leading up to that first day are different orientation and back-to-school events for families to attend in preparation for the start of the new school year. From learning where classrooms are to meeting your teachers, we encourage parents and students to check out the events in their school. Questions should be directed to a child’s respective school. Events are posted below or you can print off a PDF copy here.
We can’t wait to see you!
- Aug. 14: Johnston High School Dragon Day – 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Aug. 21: Summit Middle School new student orientation (1-2 p.m.) and open house – 7th grade @ 4 p.m., 6th grade @ 5:30 p.m.
- Aug. 21: All JCSD Elementary Schools: New family orientation – 2:30-3 p.m. and Meet the Teacher – 3:00-4:30 p.m.
- Aug. 22: Johnston Middle School open house – 4-6 p.m.
- Aug. 22: Johnston Early Learning Academy Meet the Teacher
M/T: 9:30-10:00 a.m.
T/Th: 10:15-10:45 a.m.
M/W/F (morning): 10:30-11:00 a.m.
T/Th (morning): 11:15-11:45 a.m.
M/T/Th (afternoon): 11:00-11:30 a.m.
T/W/Th (morning): 12:30-1:15 p.m.
M/T/Th/F (morning): 12:30-1:15 p.m.
M/T/Th/F (afternoon): 1:15-2:00 p.m.
M/T/Th/F (morning): 12:45-1:30 p.m.
M/T/Th/F (afternoon): 1:45-2:30 p.m.
- Aug. 26: Johnston Early Learning Academy Back to School Parent Meeting – 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Aug. 23: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL (DK-12)
- Aug. 30: FIRST DAY OF PRESCHOOL