Johnston Speech Team Competes at West IA Nat’l Qualifying Tourney
This past weekend the Johnston speech and debate team competed in the West Iowa National Qualifying Tournament. Through their participation these students have qualified to participate in the National Speech and Debate Tournament in June. Congratulations!
- Senior Emma Erdoes- Program of Oral Interpretation
- Senior Jake Wicks- Original Oratory
- Sophomore Esha Bolar- Program of Oral Interpretation
- Freshman Kathryn Fitzpatrick- Dramatic Interpretation
The following students are first alternates:
- Junior Sophia Guiter- United States Extemporaneous Speaking
- Sophomore Anjali Kumar- Public Forum Debate
- Sophomore Eshaan Chandani- Public Forum Debate
The team will finish the national qualifying series the weekend of Feb. 20 with Student Congress. We hope to announce more qualifiers at that time. The Johnston Speech Team is coached by JHS English Teacher Jeremy Fitzpatrick.