JMS Announcements – 10/26/20
Johnston Middle School Announcements for
Monday, October 26, A-Day ODD
ON-LINE STUDENT PICTURES DOOR CHANGE – PLEASE USE DOOR #15 for photos today 11:00 PM-1:00 PM.
SCHOOL PERMIT DRIVERS Please review the laws/expectations of your School Permit. We want to keep you safe and legal.
USAGE: When can I use my School Permit?
- Only within the school boundaries
- To school or school sponsored event
LOCATIONS: ** Where do I go with my School Permit? **
- Travel the direct route (App.)
- Gas stations should be on or nearest to the route
TRANSPORTING OTHERS: Can anyone else ride with me?
- One passenger other than siblings
- This does not change the direct route expectation, passengers must start and stop at your locations
VIOLATIONS: What will happen to me if I don’t obey the law?
- Examples of Law Enforcement Consequences
- Loss of privileges (Ex: 2 or more Moving Violations = Revoked for 1 year)
- Monetary (Ex: $195 for Speeding Violation)
- Prolonged time for license
- School Consequences
- Typically: Warning, Alternative parking sight, Loss of privilege
PARKING: Where can I park while I’m at school?
- Back Lot – North side of JMS (Enter Door 15)
- Must have purchased a parking tag ($20) in the JMS Front Office
- Use only non “staff parking” spots
Congratulations to our PRIDE winners from Friday!!
Lucian Sookram → Nominated by Mrs. Lane for Excellence
James Meeley → Nominated by Sra. Swalve for Respect
…and our PRIDE teacher of the week…
Ms. Kehrli → Nominated by Minela Palic for Positivity
ON-LINE STUDENT PICTURE DAY: TODAY (October 26) is the last day for on-line learners to take their school pictures. On-line students can come to the school (use Door #15) for their photos anytime between 11:00 AM-1:00 PM.
FORMER PURPLE PICTURE Re-Take Day is TODAY!
TUESDAY will be B-EVEN.
As some of you might know, the GoodNotes 4 app is no longer updating for students and you are losing the ability to back up your documents. The district has purchased GoodNotes 5 for all students who currently are using GoodNotes 4. Those students will need to open the Self Service Cart and download GoodNotes 5. Do not delete GoodNotes 4 until after all of the documents have been transferred to the new app! Once GoodNotes 5 has been downloaded, you will need to follow the attached directions in order to transfer documents from the old app.
Attention Johnston Women’s Golfers. Please fill out the following form to communicate your intentions for JHS Spring Women’s Golf 2021 (students must fill out the form). JHS Spring Women’s Golf is for current 9th-12th graders. However, if numbers allow, current 7th- 8th graders may be allowed to join the team for practices and to gain experience. If you have any questions, please reach out to Coach Hattel at email@example.com.
Attention all military families!! In preparation for our Veteran’s Day celebration this year we would like to celebrate any and all of our families that have dedicated themselves to serving our country or supported a family member who has. We are looking to put together a slideshow of students and their loved ones who have served or are currently serving in the armed forces. If you would be willing to be included in our celebration slide show, please email a copy of any photos you’re willing to share to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com