JMS Announcements – 4/16/19
Tuesday, April 16th, 2019–B Day!
Attention Student Council Members! The last meeting of the year will be this Thursday, April 18th at 3:00 p.m. Please email Mrs. Platt or Ms. Williams if you plan on attending.
All 6th period 9th grade band students: Please report to 4th period band for the Dr. Perrine clinic.
Johnston Middle School competed the annual state TSA Conference on Monday, April 8th and Tuesday, April 9th. Over those two days, 12 JMS students competed in STEM competitions. JMS placed in the top 3 in 18 different events and earned the Conference Chapter Champion Award for all Middle School chapters. These young men and women have been working tirelessly to get ready for this competition and performed amazingly well.
- Esha Bolar for 1st place in Career Prep, Chapter Team, Children’s Stories, Mass Production, Prepared Speech, and Technology Quiz Bowl.
- Audrey Bristow for 1st place in Chapter team
- Anita Dinakar for 1st place in Chapter Team, Junior Solar Sprint, Mass Production, and Technology Quiz Bowl. 2nd Place in Challenging Technology Issues and 3rd place in Problem Solving
- Andy Drafahl for 3rd Place in Mass Production
- Adam Ehler for 1st place in Technical Design and 3rd Place in Prepared Speech and Vex Robotics
- Inesh Gogineni for 3rd Place in Mass Production and Vex Robotics
- Zach Hodson for 1st place in Chapter team, Junior Solar Sprint, Mass Production, and Technology Quiz Bowl. 2nd place in Challenging technology issues
- Anjali Kumar for 1st place in Chapter team, Children’s Stories, and Mass Production. 2nd place in Prepared Speech and Promotional Marketing. And 3rd place in Problem Solving
- Sam Lindgren for 1st place in Challenging Technology Issues and 3rdplace for Vex Robotics
- Will Stokes for 1st place in Challenging Technology Issues and 3rd place in Mass Production
- Adam Wise for 1st place in Chapter Team and Technical Design and 2ndplace in CO2 Dragster
Student Council is a club at JHS that puts on events in order to benefit our school and community! We put on a variety of events, ranging from homecoming week activities to fundraising efforts in the winter. Please apply if you are interested! Applications are due FRIDAY, APRIL 19 and can be submitted electronically or as a physical copy.
JMS students and staff: Reserve your 2019 Yearbook TODAY! If you did not purchase one during registration, order now to reserve your copy. YBs cost $28 and can be purchased with cash or check in the office or with a credit card on REV TRAK. Books are on sale from now until the reserve supply is gone. Student writers and photographers did outstanding work this year–you won’t want to miss it!
SCHOOL PERMIT MEETING: Attention 9th Grade Students! Our next School Permit Meeting will be TODAY, April 16 at 3:15 PM in the Cafeteria of Johnston Middle School (enter through front entrance). The ONLY students eligible are 9th grade students who HAVE HAD THEIR LEARNERS’ PERMIT FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS AND HAVE COMPLETED DRIVER’S ED. THE STUDENT AND A PARENT MUST ATTEND THE MEETING! Please bring your completed Driver’s Education Certificate (if you have a paper version – if you do not have a paper version don’t worry about it) and learner’s permit to the meeting. Parking Tags will be available for $20 during the meeting. Students will need a parking tag to park on school grounds during the school year. Please make sure you have your license plate number with you at the time of purchase. If you have NOT completed Driver’s Ed by the meeting date, we will have another meeting next month. Be watching your announcements for the date and time!