JMS Announcements – 8/29/23
Announcements for: Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Teachers will update weekly assignments every Sunday so students know what needs to be done the following week. In the weekly updates, teachers will communicate any due dates for student work.
PICTURE DAY – JMS Picture Day is Friday, September 8! Picture Packets will be coming out soon in PRIDE classes.
ACTIVITY PASSES – If you have paid for your Activity Pass and haven’t picked it up yet, you will be able to pick it up during lunch time on Wednesday and Thursday this week.
BEST BUDDIES – Any students interested in making JMS a more inclusive place please sign up for Best Buddies using the following link, https://forms.gle/3FPgPraKAKFb8ngi7
If you have any questions please ask Mr. Pleasant in room 130 or send him an email at email@example.com. We will mostly meet during FIRE with some events happening outside school time.
GOLF – Schedule for the Men’s Golf Team this week: 8/29 JV in Waukee Invite at Beaver Creek, 8/30 JV Dual vs. Norwalk at Willow Creek, and 8/31 9th/10th in Triangular vs. DCHS/Urbandale at Jester Park Par 3.
SCHOOL DRIVER’S PERMIT – ** 9th grade students who wish to obtain a school driver’s permit can follow the following link: https://www.johnstoncsd.org/school-news/school-drivers-permit-process/
This link will guide them to a Google Site. Students will need to log in with their jdragonmail credentials in order to watch a video and complete a quiz. The video contains the information that was presented at permit meetings in the past and will now take the place of those meetings. One parent will need to watch the video and note that completion on the quiz. As usual, the only students eligible are 9th graders who have completed driver’s education and have had their learner’s permit for at least six months. After the quiz has been completed, students can pick up their signed Department of Transportation form in the JMS Front Office. Students will need a parking tag to park on school grounds during the school year. Parking tags are available for $20 when students pick up their DOT form. Please make sure you have your license plate number with you at the time of purchase.
ATTENTION SCHOOL PERMIT DRIVERS: We want to keep you safe and legal. REMEMBER YOU CAN ONLY DRIVE TO SCHOOL–you should not be driving to any other location with this permit! Please review the laws/expectations of your School Permit.
USAGE: When can I use my School Permit?
· Only within the school boundaries
· To school or school sponsored event
LOCATIONS: ** Where do I go with my School Permit? **
· Travel the direct route (App.)
· Gas stations should be on or nearest to the route
TRANSPORTING OTHERS: Can anyone else ride with me?
· One passenger other than siblings
· This does not change the direct route expectation, passengers must start and stop at your locations
VIOLATIONS: What will happen to me if I don’t obey the law?
· Examples of Law Enforcement Consequences
· Loss of privileges (Ex: 2 or more Moving Violations = Revoked for 1 year)
· Monetary (Ex: $195 for Speeding Violation)
· Prolonged time for license
· School Consequences
· Typically: Warning, Alternative parking sight, Loss of privilege
PARKING: Where can I park while I’m at school?
· Back Lot – North side of JMS (Enter Door 15)
· Must have purchased a parking tag ($20) in the JMS Front Office
· Use only non “staff parking” spots