Involvement of the student body in extra-curricular activities is an important part of student life, whether they participate in the activity or attend as a “Dragon fan.” The district allows families to purchase a student activity ticket (SAT) to allow admission into many district activities at no cost for the student.
9-12 Grade Student Athletic Pass – SAT – $60
The CIML allows any 9th – 12th grade student who purchases a SAT to be admitted to any CIML event in which that school is participating (in other words, a Johnston 10th grader with an SAT would not be admitted to the Valley at Urbandale football game – that same student would be admitted free to the Johnston at Urbandale football game or the Waukee at Johnston boys’ swimming meet).
K-8th Grade Athletic Pass – $40
Students in grades K-8 can purchase an activity ticket that allows them to be admitted to home Johnston events. This ticket does not allow the student to be admitted to away events.
Senior Resident Pass (62+) – $0 – Must live in the Johnston Community School District Boundary Lines
Seniors age 62 and older, that reside within the Johnston Community School District boundary lines, will be issued a Lifetime Senior Resident Pass. This pass will allow free admission to home JCSD athletic events, excluding tournaments and IHSAA & IGHSAU District/Regional.Sub-State/State events.
To obtain your Senior Resident Pass, please bring a photo ID to the Johnston High School Activities Department, and the Administrative Assistant will issue you a pass.
If you previously held a Grandparent Pass – $1 Admission, you will keep your pass, however you will no longer need to pay $1, as we have now moved to 100% online ticketing. Keep your previous pass to obtain free admission at athletic events moving forward.
Event Exceptions –Passes Not Accepted:
– District/Regional/Sub-State Events
– Anytime the state utilizes a district facility to host a district, regional or sub-state game, activity passes at any grade level are not accepted and entrance fees must be paid.
There are a few district-sponsored activities where activity tickets for any grade are not accepted and an entrance ticket must be purchased separately: Madrigal, Musical, and End of Year Vocal Department Show.
Obtaining a SAT
During registration parents have the opportunity to purchase a SAT for the upcoming school year for their child(ren). At the beginning of the next school year, students in grades 6-12 will receive their student ID and it will be marked that they have a SAT pass.
Elementary students are not issued an ID unless they have purchased the SAT. The ID then indicates that they have indeed purchased an activity ticket.
Questions about obtaining a SAT once the school year begins, please talk with your school secretary.
If you should have any question about the SAT and entrance into an event, please contact the Athletic/Activities Office at 515-278-2407.
Starting Summer 2023, JCSD Activity & Athletic Tickets will be ONLINE ONLY.
TICKET LINK: https://www.gobound.com/ia/schools/johnston/tickets
- Online ticketing option only for baseball and softball (all levels). No cash will be available.
- Card readers and QR codes will be available on site for those needing to purchase at the gate.
- Spectators are encouraged to purchase in advance to avoid lines and delays at the gate.
- Grandparents’ passes will still be accepted but at no charge.
- Tickets can be purchased a week in advance at: https://www.gobound.com/ia/schools/johnston/tickets
- SAT’s and JBC passes will still be accepted for regular season games.